cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70D frames per second

uprising
Apprentice

I've noticed when setting my 70D to shoot at its full speed 7 fps that I don't always get that frame rate constantly. The frame rate seems to vary depending on which lens I have fitted and also when the shot is under expsosing. EG on shutter priority at 200th and f3,5 and corectly exposed I get the full 7 fps, however aim the camera slightly differently so that the shot is now under exposing but still with all the same settings the fps is noticeably slower. I have no idea why, has anyone else come across this and if so what the cause and fix was\is

3 REPLIES 3

Haves
Apprentice
7 fps means you can take shoot as fast as 7 times per second, but it depends on what setting u use.

your AF would affect this, it would find focus first then take a frame. Try manual focusing to see if this is the case, since each lens manufacturer doesnt use the same motor for AF

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Turn off lens corrections. I am guessing that the lenses that are currently working have no correction data registered with the camera.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You might get better results saving shots as JPEGs when you use continuous shooting.  It takes less time to write a smaller JPEG file than a larger RAW file.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements