cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70D / Windows 10 connection

ibudec
Apprentice

I have a Canon 70D (UK) and a Windows 10 laptop.

I am currently using DigiCamPro to instantly view the images on the camera's LCD screen straight onto the laptop, i.e. without human intervention), using a USB cable.  Hoeever I do find the results very poor with a heavy magenta cast.  Does anyone have an alternative software suggestion please?

If possible I would like to do this wirelessly, (but I could live with the cable if I had no wireless solution.)

I would like to do it full screen so I could also use a Microsoft cable-less connector onto a much larger monitor, just as I do to display online on-demand straight onto my TV.

Any suggestions and help gratefully received.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

DSLRs make for terrible video cameras.  What is your purpose or end goal with this setup?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

This is for stills only in studio and at events.  No intention of using as a video camera.

I have downloaded the latest version of Digicam and its colour balance appears much improved.

I would however still like to find a wireless solution rather than the tethered USB cable on the grounds of safety particularly at events.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Any suggestions and help gratefully received."

Buy a video camera. Stop trying to convert a DSLR in to one, particularly an older 70D.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I did say this is NOT for video.  This is ONLY for stills.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements