cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70D Movie recording has been stop automatically message

Kevrod3
Apprentice
How do I fix this? I’m using a SanDisk 64gb 80mb/s’ class 10 card. I bought this card last year and have used this card for videoing my sons football and baseball games and have had no problems with running longer videos. 20-30mins at a time. I know it breaks them up into 4GB videos but that’s not the problem. Now it’s recording from anywhere from 2 minutes to 5 minutes then a white bar with verticals box shows up and it slowly starts going up. Once it reaches the top it stops recording. There is plenty of space on the card so the card couldn’t be full. 29gb free on the card. I not sure if I have a setting wrong on the camera that I accidentally put it in or not? I’m running an external mic as well but that has never mattered in the past.
Thoughts or fixes would be helpful!
Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

It could be that the card is fragmented and there are no large areas of empty space. Try taking everything off the card - make sure it transferred OK - and then low-level format the card in the camera.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

It could be that the card is fragmented and there are no large areas of empty space. Try taking everything off the card - make sure it transferred OK - and then low-level format the card in the camera.

Kevrod3
Apprentice
Kv I ended up talking to a Canon tech and he had me do just that! It worked! Thanks for your response!😉
Announcements