cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70D, IMAGES WILL NOT DISPLAY

Atomicthunk
Contributor

I just got my 70D a few days  ago and the pictures I take with the Auto modes will display, but the pictures I took with the SCN modes with not display, either on the camera's display or after using EOS to load them to my computer.  I get a "cannot playback image" with a yellow ? mark on the camera and if I try to open the files on my computer, I get a message that says the file format is either unsupported,or the file is corrupted or damaged.  The will files will not open in the Canon software either. Data is there because each file is about 6.5mb but I can't get nothing to display.  I'm going to sick if I can't save these pictures. Also the movie I tried to take also will not display. Again anything I took with the Auto mode will display, both pictures and movies.  PLEASE HELP ME, I hope there is an easy fix.

7 REPLIES 7

cale_kat
Mentor

@Atomicthunk, I think it would be best to try to solve one issue at a time. I would start with the video and for that, the first thing that comes to mind is the possibility that the memory card is the fault.

Could you please post the type of memory card you are using and the Class speed. Also, please write back with the settings you have used for the video capture. If the card is not able to record the video it could be because it is too slow. 

ScreenHunter_04 Mar. 02 08.38.jpg

Thanks for the info.  The memory card I was using is a PNY micro SD  32GB. That may be the problem because the pictures I took that didn't display were shot in the high speed continuous mode. I will try using a better SD card with better specs. to see if that takes care of the problem.  The only thing I am wondering now is since there is data, about 6- 9mb in each jpeg picture file I took, will I be able to recover those pictures.  Thanks again.

I doubt you'll be able to recover the files but I'm not an expert. 

Good luck and I think you might be right that high speed continuous shooting might have been too much for your card.

I have a canon 70d I have the same problem! First after research come to find out that the photos you see after taking was the buffering image on the camera not the memory card so they are not processed into the camera yet the camera create a file in to your memory card to storage the data but the information is corrupted or format is too low impossible to recorded in to the file that why you can not play back the image the information is incomplete,good news it is not a problem with your camera bad news is you are not able to recover the image because there is not enough information on the files, to prevent this happens in the future get you a good memory card branded class 10 and fast enough to write the files so don't struggle buffering the image! I hope you get your answer here! Good luck!

You should use a real SDXC card, not a microSD and adapter. Many posts on Internet discussing problems with microSD and adapters. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Mariyans
Apprentice

Hi,

My name is Mariyans.I just got my 70D a last january. I take picture with flash and with out flash. I play back it and I saw it .I take again picture and try to check again. I couldn`t find it. I try to open that picture on my computer, I get a massege that say the file format is either unsupported and the picture is corrupted or damaged .I have lot of memorries with that. can you help me to take that picture again please.thank you.

faithfull,

Mariyans

@Mariyans wrote:

Hi,

My name is Mariyans.I just got my 70D a last january. I take picture with flash and with out flash. I play back it and I saw it .I take again picture and try to check again. I couldn`t find it. I try to open that picture on my computer, I get a massege that say the file format is either unsupported and the picture is corrupted or damaged .I have lot of memorries with that. can you help me to take that picture again please.thank you.

faithfull,

Mariyans

January was several months ago. 

Can you see the images in the camera, prior to downloading to your comptuer? 

Have you ever been able to view images properly on your computer?

What file type [ JPEG or RAW ] are you using to save images?

What type of computer, operating system, and software are you using to view photos?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements