cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70D - Disable Exposure Compensation Feature?

Calsal
Contributor

Time and again exposure compensation feature gets inadvertently adjusted as I tab through features on the lcd monitor using the Quick key and rear control dial. Really frustrating. Couldn't seem to find any custom setting to disable this.

I could just use the top lcd panel for some quick adjustments. But I am older, so I need to pull out my reading glasses to see the details on the top panel. Ugh.

Is there some means to disable this feature altogether as it is not something I would use. If exposure is tricky I go to manual mode as I've done for 40+ years. I shoot AV mode almost entirely. Suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the suggestions. Just occured to me to enable the touch-screen feature, and not scroll back-and-forth across functions in Quick View. Works!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

diverhank
Authority

@Calsal wrote:

Time and again exposure compensation feature gets inadvertently adjusted as I tab through features on the lcd monitor using the Quick key and rear control dial. Really frustrating. Couldn't seem to find any custom setting to disable this.

I could just use the top lcd panel for some quick adjustments. But I am older, so I need to pull out my reading glasses to see the details on the top panel. Ugh.

Is there some means to disable this feature altogether as it is not something I would use. If exposure is tricky I go to manual mode as I've done for 40+ years. I shoot AV mode almost entirely. Suggestions?

There is no custom setting to disable it but you can use the LOCK lever and set it to lock then you can't inadvertently change the value.  I use exposure compensation at least once every time I shoot so for me, it's a habit to check it but I can understand your frustration.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

TTMartin
Authority
Authority
You can also save common settings with or without exposure compensation to your Custom user settings C1, C2, ...

Thanks for the suggestions. Just occured to me to enable the touch-screen feature, and not scroll back-and-forth across functions in Quick View. Works!

Announcements