Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

6dii to Lightroom transfer!!!

I am relatively new to photography. I shoot with a 6dii and edit with Lightroom. Pretty sure I am losing my raw file the way I have been importing (WiFi import to Canon app, export to iPad camera roll, then import to Lightroom). I am confused by my options- what are the best ways to get my raw files to Lightroom? Does it require a dongle (if so, could anyone recommend one?) Any way to get the raw file in just using WiFi?

VIP

Re: 6dii to Lightroom transfer!!!

First and foremost, what type of computer are using to run Lightroom, or are you running it on your iPad?

Transferrring files using the built-in Wi-Fi is the slowest method to upload files from the camera, not just the 6D2.  Wi-Fi is fine for remote control, and importing a single file.  It is not suited for uploading dozens or hundreds of files, RAW or JPEG.

I would use the EOS Utility via a USB cable connected to my computer to upload files.  Or, I would remove the SD card from the camera and use a card reader to read the SD card.  Many computers have SD readers built into them.  

I prefer the EOS Utility because it can rename and sort files into separate folders on the fly as it transfers files from the camera.  Lightroom can import files, too.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."