cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6d

Bilvon
Apprentice
What is the difference between a SD card and compact flash card I use in my 7d. I want to get a full fram camera but 6d takes only SD cards. Is there a big difference?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

David
Enthusiast

SD cards are cheaper.

Both will record your images in the same, exact way.

View solution in original post

hsbn
Whiz

They're just physically different. Like David said, SD card is much cheaper, a 64 GB card can have for about $55 from reputable sellers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

David
Enthusiast

SD cards are cheaper.

Both will record your images in the same, exact way.

hsbn
Whiz

They're just physically different. Like David said, SD card is much cheaper, a 64 GB card can have for about $55 from reputable sellers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

lniles
Contributor

I have a 7D and a 6D.  You're right, the 7D uses CF cards and the 6D uses SD cards.  For each camera, I have a 128GB card and I've never been able to fill either up at any event I've video'd or photo'd. 

Make sure you get a fast card, whatever you choose.  There are different write-speed ratings for both CF and SD cards.

Lowell Niles
Creative Director, Sunword Studios
http://www.sunword.com

artsdigiphoto
Contributor

I bought this mint 6D the other day, my first FF camera.  I've used the 70D for years, love it.  I'm having trouble getting the 6D to display four or (ten?) images at one time on the display.  I've followed the book's instructions and I get to the point where after hitting the search button twice I see "10 images" dialogue.  I hit SET but nothing else happens.  What am I missing? I've tried a lot of things.  The camera seems to function completely.  This has been my only glitch so far.  Thanks!

Arthur

Win 10 Home Pro

24 g RAM

etc etc.

Announcements