cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6d or 7d for action shots

Rcspecops
Enthusiast
I'm currently looking to purchase a new camera for a project I'm working on. I'll be shooting RC CARS that move fast. Which is better 6d or 7d and what's the best recommended lens. Thanks
Www.rc-ops.com

20 REPLIES 20

I also purchased a cam ranger which looks awsome! I have about 1000 left in budget
Www.rc-ops.com

For product photography, you may be interested in whatching some of the videos by Jim Talkington (ProPhotoLife's YouTube page).

https://www.youtube.com/user/prophotolife/videos

I would watch episodes, 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 10, 12, 15, 17, and 18 (those are episodes that specifically deal with product photography.)  

While he really does use pro gear, he shows you how to make some essentials using equipment you can pick up at a hardware store and craft store for just a few bucks.  

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Love these video's
Www.rc-ops.com

BUMPING.

Can anyone help the OP with his Yongnuo triggers and flashes question? I think he'd want more than the manual 602 type triggers? Is that the 622? And which yongnuo flash units would work? I think he'd want a TTL flash, if he can afford them?
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Thanks yeah I could really use the model information on those flashes ! Thanks
Www.rc-ops.com

ScottyP
Authority
Ok. You are more set up than it seemed. You have a wide aperture fast prime (the 50) and you have the extended range multipurpose zoom (28-155). You also have the 70-200 f/4 on a good price too.

The 50 would do the product shots.

I think you should get some lighting. Off-camera speedlites would be good for the group photos and the product shots. You may know that shooting with the flash hitting the subject at an angle (not on the same axis as the camera) really makes it look better. You can trigger them optically but radio triggers are better. Either a couple of Canon 600's, or a couple of the new Phottix Mitros+ (plus) flashes would do well. You can also go with Yongnuo flashes and save a lot of money and get 3 or 4 instead of 2 for the money. Throw in a couple of light stands and shoot through umbrellas and you are good to go.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Thanks I'll look into it now
Www.rc-ops.com

How is the Ef 70-300mm f/4-5.6 is usm for action photo's
Www.rc-ops.com

The 70-300 L IS gets very good reviews for sports, action & aviation. The regular IS version however doesn't seem to have a fast AF. If I didn't have 300 mm covered by 3 other lenses I'd own the L

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Would this work? How do u set them up off camera
Www.rc-ops.com

Announcements