cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6d mode dial plate fell off

lightight
Contributor

The face plate on the mode dial of my 6d has fallen off. Best way to get a replacement? Will service center send a new one or will I need to send it in. Still under warranty.

Thanks,

David G

49 REPLIES 49

I did the same mistake. Added too much glue I guess and now the mode dial does not turn.. Anyone in the same predicament ? what was your solution. 

"Any ideas on how I can get it turning again?"

Yes and the first option you should have taken, call Canon and set up a repair ticket. 1 (800) 652-2666

A lot of the time, most of the time, if you don't know what you are doing, and obviously you folks don't, calling in a professional repair company is the cheapest way to go.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

lost my dial plate last night... 2-month old camera! replacement plate now cost $16 plus tax and shipping.

@dis5699 wrote:

lost my dial plate last night... 2-month old camera! replacement plate now cost $16 plus tax and shipping.

A two-month-old camera should still be under warranty, and Canon would normally fix it free. Did you tell them that the camera is that new?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

raymondjim48
Apprentice

Hi!  I am from Malaysia.

My 6D mode dial had also fallen off but I was able to recover it.

Now the part of putting it back as the glue is no longer sticky.

Can anyone advise me if I need to scrape off the double sided tape

on the under side of the mode dial and reapply a new piece of tape

or should I use tiny drop of PVC glue.

This is the worst part of the construction of 6D and I am afraid it may fall off anytime

Thank you

Raymond

Sabah, Malaysia.

Still under warranty? Smiley Indifferent

If so, send it in. Do not mess with it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Can we borrow some of your 1Ds in the meantime? 😉

If the tape that remains on the dial seems to be attached well enough, then just use some glue over it. If the remaining tape come off easily enough, it would probably be better to remove as much of it as possible, then use a tiny amount of glue to reattach it to the dial.

About a month after replacing the dial plate, I found the old one on the bottom of my camera bag. Now I have an extra!

johninbigd
Enthusiast

I just bought a 6D last Thursday and the dial mode plate fell off yesterday. The Internet is awash with people reporting this same issue. I have to say that this is pretty disappointing after spending so much money on this camera. 

PhotogrApon
Apprentice
I have also the same problem, can anyone suggest me where can I get the dial plate online purchase? Thanks for the help.
Announcements