cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6d mark ii live view image reversed.

Stuwe3000
Apprentice
Wondering if someone could help me I’m having an issue where the image is mirrored when using live view when the flip screen is in the normal position but if I record footage and play it back in camera it corrects the orientation. Hoping someone has had this issue before.
6 REPLIES 6

@Stuwe3000 wrote:
Wondering if someone could help me I’m having an issue where the image is mirrored when using live view when the flip screen is in the normal position but if I record footage and play it back in camera it corrects the orientation. Hoping someone has had this issue before.

Are you taking a "selfie" when this happens? It may be that it's set up to show you the scene as though through a mirror, on the theory that it might be less confusing. Otherwise, it's likely that the flip screen has (or the camera thinks it has) been twisted into an unrecognized configuration. I'd call Canon Service; they may be able to walk you through some possible "unwinds".

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Stuwe3000
Apprentice
That’s my thoughts right now. Was wondering if there was a mirroring setting or even a way to reinstall the firmware.

It is a hardware issue not a software issue.

There is a sensor/switch in the hinge system of the articulating rear LCD screen that senses when you have moved it into a "selfie" position. I suspect it is not functioning properly on your camera.

I quick google search turned up this photo of the suspect sensor/switch

_001xx.jpg
Mike Sowsun

Stuwe3000
Apprentice
I thought is was the sensor but surely if that sensor was faulty the image would always be reversed. Even after the picture has been taken or am I wrong.

Hi @stuwe3000,

Any update on your issue? I have the same/similar issue.
Sometimes it is mirrored left/right, sometimes it is mirrored upside down... Only in normal position mode.

Thanks, Rob

On the top right camera settings turn off mirror live view

Announcements