cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6d does not save password for connection to Iphone.

amadjuster
Apprentice
I have tried to connect my 6d to my Iphone with spotty success. When I am able to connect, the password changes meaning I have to go in and figure out what the camera has decided to give. The camera does not save the assigned password or I haven't figured out how to save it. Am I the only one having this problem, can I save the password so I don't have go through this every time?! When I can connect the the EOS app, it is great.
2 REPLIES 2

hsbn
Whiz

I am assuming that you are using Camera Access Point Mode instead to connect your phone and camera. You have to set the password manually, otherwise it will change everything your camera is off. Here are the steps:

• Choose CONNECT TO SMARTPHONE
  • Then choose REVIEW/CHANGE SETTINGS
  • Then choose CHANGE SET
  • then CAMERA ACCESS POINT MODE
  • Here choose MANUAL CONNECTION instead of Easy connection. In this mode, they let you set your own password. Then press OK.
  • Choose a SID name, any name and choose OK
  • At Channel setting, you can choose AUTO SETTING.
  • At Encryption Settings, choose AES, then OK, now it will ask you to enter the ENCRYPTION KEY. Once entered, press OK (MENU) to save it.
  • Now you can connect to your smartphone. Good luck.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

I solved my problem by setting up Set2 for my Ipad. This seems to lock in the assigned passwords and so far, I can use both without problems.
Announcements