cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6d display item

Pkoz
Apprentice
I am new to this so I am sorry for the probably stupid question...

When I take a picture, I believe in RAW, and view the result there is a small number% displayed in the center. What is it related to?

Thanks!;)
16 REPLIES 16

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

In the center of the picture?  I have no recollection of ever seeing anything like that on my 6D LCD display.  It can display the it focus point, which might resemble a red zero, but not multiple digits or words.  Not in the center of the image.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Pkoz
Apprentice
It is displayed a a really small number followed by % sign, dead center.
Thanks for responding so fast:)

Pkoz
Apprentice
Hopefully this link works. It has a little square and says 22%

https://philko.smugmug.com/My-First-Gallery/i-SDSpLzt

Is that the metering percentage ?

@Pkoz wrote:
Hopefully this link works. It has a little square and says 22%

https://philko.smugmug.com/My-First-Gallery/i-SDSpLzt

I see "22%".  I see the word "OVER" near the lower right corner.  I see a display that looks overexposed.''

If you're having trouble with Magic Lantern, then you're pretty much on your own around here.  We don't use it, or discuss it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"WE don't use it, or discuss it"

Really ? Since when ?  I hope that "WE" doesn't represent all the forum members or viewers.

I can understand if Canon won't encourage users to install hacks for obvious reason.

May be Waddizzle the esteemed contributer should allow people to mention any problems relating to Canon cameras caused by whatever reasons here. (If we need your permission at all)

A lot of us are here to share experience and to learn. PLease do not scarce inexperienced canon users away. My posts are intent to help (actually, it's just to point out)  and not to encourage ML or hacks. I didn't even go into details of the problem or solutions.

ML is quite popular out there. Users should go to their website/forum to seek assistance.

OP do not feel offended. There are still a lot of contributors who are nice and will direct you to the related direction.

Cheers.

The guidelines say that posts will be removed that:

"Promotion of third party products, promotions, websites, organizations, goods or services."

Which hinges on parsing "support" as not "promotion" which is so close to the line that it is probably better not to discuss Magic Lantern.

What if somebody wants opinion about CF/SD cards ? Is it allowed ?

I saw someone quoting Photoshop or lightroom softwares in one's signature.

Does Canon own (brand names omitted) these SD/CF card manufacturers/companies or Adobe ? Or should we just stick to Canon brand memory cards (if there are any at all)  and DPP softwares etc.

Or may be just use a Canon brand television set to view the pics and videos taken with a Canon camera.

I guess it is okay to mention without discussing in details to promote ?

No sure if I am correct. Please enlighten me.

I think Waddizzle's comment about Magic Lantern is being misinterpreted. The reason most of us don't discuss ML isn't that Canon won't let us. It's that we don't use ML and don't know enough about it to discuss it intelligently or answer technical questions about it. And we're wary because if ML does somehow manage to damage the camera, Canon's warranty won't cover it. While that outcome may be very unlikely, nobody wants to take the risk of advising someone to do something that might cause him a financial loss.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements