cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6d AV mode

chief
Rising Star

When shooting video in av mode how do you increase /decrease f stop?

8 REPLIES 8

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

The wheel "main dial" just behind the shutter button. That way you can use the same finger.

in AV mode with set to shoot video nothing changes when lookinf at fstop on top lcd screen

Sorry, did not catch the video part.

I suggest you read the manual. For the T6S, there is no difference in P, Tv and Av modes. In M mode the apertue is set with the quci control dial on the back.

Have read the manual and 6d for Dummies and if the answer is there it has escaped me.  I can do it on my T4i easy enough but not the 6d

@kvbarkley wrote:

Sorry, did not catch the video part.

I suggest you read the manual. For the T6S, there is no difference in P, Tv and Av modes. In M mode the apertue is set with the quci control dial on the back.

It works the same way on the 6D.  You use the rotating wheel on the back to adjust Av when shooting video.  

When shooting stills in Manual mode, you can use the Main Dial to adjust shutter.  The rear dial is used to adjust Aperture.  You hold the <SET> button pressed while turning the Main Dial to adjust ISO.

[EDIT]. Of course, the above assumes that your <LOCK> button is not engaged.  It can disable the rear dial.  But, when it does you should see "L" in the viewfinder display where Aperture is normally displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

i guess i must have a defective camera because wheel on back does not adjust  the f/stop and wheel on top does not adjust f/stop when in av mode and video

@chief wrote:

i guess i must have a defective camera because wheel on back does not adjust  the f/stop and wheel on top does not adjust f/stop when in av mode and video

You missed the part where i described shooting stills, not video.  Did you check your <LOCK> button?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

It does not do it in Av mode. If you read my post, you have to be in M mode. In video P=Av=Tv.

Announcements