cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6DMKII GPS

Dave-R
Contributor

Recently my 6DMKII quit adding the GPS coordinates to my images.  The GPS function is turned on in the camera menu and set to option 2.  

Is there somewhere else in the menu that could possibly have disconnected it or turned it off?

Anyone's help would be appreciated

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK, problem solved.  I downloaded the camera GPs which freed up internal storage space, then I shot 6 images here in my home.  I then unchecked any upload prests that I'd been using and uploaded the files.

The GPS coordinates are again being written to the images.  So, lesson learned, no import presets to be used in LR.

Thanks to all of you who responded for taking time to answer.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

The file I downloaded was only 12MB, so large file size is not the answer.  However, the GPS data file went back several months, so it is storing it internally in the camera, it's just not getting written to the card when I download the image.

Dave. The GPS data is written to your image when the image is taken. The log file has nothing to do with it. Is your GPS turned on? Is the GPS icon solid, not flashing? Why do you think that there is no GPS data in your EXIF file?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

OK, problem solved.  I downloaded the camera GPs which freed up internal storage space, then I shot 6 images here in my home.  I then unchecked any upload prests that I'd been using and uploaded the files.

The GPS coordinates are again being written to the images.  So, lesson learned, no import presets to be used in LR.

Thanks to all of you who responded for taking time to answer.

Interesting.  When I import Geotagged images into LR from my hard drive, the GPS data is unaffected.  Remember, I download the files with the EOS Utility because I rename files, and sort them into new folders on the fly during the download.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Dave-R wrote:

The file I downloaded was only 12MB, so large file size is not the answer.  However, the GPS data file went back several months, so it is storing it internally in the camera, it's just not getting written to the card when I download the image.

There is a separate menu option to write the GPS log data to the memory card.  Selecting it erases the camera memory.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Dave - the log file has nothing to do with your images. You don’t even need to turn on the log file option. Double check all your settings in the camera.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements