cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D wireless screen mirroring

SocorroNet
Apprentice

I am setting up an EOS 6D on an Endodontists' microscrope that has a mounting bracket for the camera. He is wanting to show his patients what he is seeing through the microscope and the easiest thing I believe would be to do some sort of screen mirroring to a smart TV if possible. The only solution I have found so far is setting up a mini-HDMI cable to go through the microscope arm, over the ceiling (sheetrock, BTW) and down the TV mounting arm.  Obviously not the simplest solution to set up, so if there is something that I can do or get that doesn't involve running a power cable I would love to bring him those possible solutions.

SN

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@SocorroNet wrote:

I am setting up an EOS 6D on an Endodontists' microscrope that has a mounting bracket for the camera. He is wanting to show his patients what he is seeing through the microscope and the easiest thing I believe would be to do some sort of screen mirroring to a smart TV if possible. The only solution I have found so far is setting up a mini-HDMI cable to go through the microscope arm, over the ceiling (sheetrock, BTW) and down the TV mounting arm.  Obviously not the simplest solution to set up, so if there is something that I can do or get that doesn't involve running a power cable I would love to bring him those possible solutions.

SN

Are you looking for still images or live video?  All you really need are stills on a computer monitor, not HDMI.  Right?

I do not think that you can get away from running a cable(s) to an imaging device on the microscope.  I am certain that this problem has solved before, many times in the past, but with the use of small CCD sensor not a DSLR.  

They make image sensors to fit onto telescopes with a mirror box.  You flip it one way to focus through the eyepiece.  Flip it the other way to capture an image.  Maybe a small notebook or laptop at the scope can do the image capture.  Once it is on the laptop, you send it wirelessly where ever you want to.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

He's wanting to show live video directly from the camera. His microscope is some fancy $60k Zeiss that allows the eyepieces and camera attachment lens to work simultaneously. They have one in another room that has an iPhone attachment that the supplier was planning on running USB power for, so I know the microscope arm has a cable track, I was just hoping to avoid actually running a cable if there is a wireless solution.

I do not think any of the Canon DSLRs can wirelessly transmit live HDR video like that, due to bandwidth limitations. You also seem to be talking about running on battery power, and that could introduce a host of problems as the battery runs down.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I am able to connect my Canon T6s to my smart TV via wifi. Now how can I see my camera pics on TV. When I am connecting thro HDMI or USB, then it's detecting automatically and showing content on TV but don't know with wifi. Do I need to install some app on my smart TV . I have Samsung smart TV. ?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements