cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D mark ii and radio triggers

tyahl01
Apprentice

i am using a 6D2, and I am trying to set up an off camera flash using radio triggers. I previously had a 70D and used Neweer brand speedlights and triggers, and they worked perfectly fine. I upgraded to the 6D2 and my old flash setup did not work. the speedlights fire but prior to the shutter so I get no flash exposure at all in my frame. I switched out the cheap triggers for Pocket Wizards plus III and plus IV. Same end result. I upgraded to Canon 600EXII-RT Speedlites. Still the same result. Has anyone had any experience with this? At this point short of shelling out another $300 for a Canon transmitter, I'm guessing that it is a firmware issue. Either that or i'm doing something totally stupid (other than spending too much money).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Yeah, I think you have a compatibility issue.  You need the Pocket Wizard Flex TT6. It has compatibility with the newer Canon cameras like the Canon 5D Mark IV, 1D X Mark II, 80D, 77D, T7i cameras.  Plus the Canon 600 EX II-RT and 430 EX III-RT flashes.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Yeah, I think you have a compatibility issue.  You need the Pocket Wizard Flex TT6. It has compatibility with the newer Canon cameras like the Canon 5D Mark IV, 1D X Mark II, 80D, 77D, T7i cameras.  Plus the Canon 600 EX II-RT and 430 EX III-RT flashes.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks for the reply.  After originally looking at the Pus IV and the Plus III, it appeared that they were the latest and greatest and they would work. Neither said that they were specifically compatible with the 6D mark II, just the 6D. I just assumed that Pocket Wizard had not updated their wiki. My bad. Upon researching the Flex TT6 I do see that it should be cpmpatible for what I am trying to do. So I guess that I am buying a Flex TT6. Canon support basically said that Pocket Wizards don't work at all with Canon speedlites, which is not a surprising response. Thanks again.

diverhank
Authority

I'm not familiar with Neewer brand devices but most are capable of firmware updates.  If I were you I'd visit their website and  if available, download and update to the latest firmware.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Announcements