cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D mark II very strange SD-card error

GT_ejik__
Apprentice

I've been using my 6d mark II with two identical SanDisk 128 Gb UHS-II 300MB/s SD cards for a long time, but recently I tried to start use the usual UHS-I SD-card in my camera and.. it doesn't work. I having an issue where my 6D II shows "No card in camera" every time I inserted ANY other SD-card except my two UHS-II cards even when I'm inserting my old UHS-I SanDisk 64 Gb card, which worked perfectly in my camera one year ago. 

I have tried to reset camera, to update the firmware to latest 1.0.5 but still have this issue... Perhaps you know the reason of this issue..?

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
The 6D2 is not fully compatible with UHS-II cards. Canon only recommends UHS-I cards. I suggest that you contact Canon.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Are these full size cards or micro cards with an adapter?

Full size SD cards, but microSD with an adapter also doesn't work

@GT_ejik__ wrote:
Full size SD cards, but microSD with an adapter also doesn't work

Okay.  Where do you buy your cards?  If there is a nearby store, like a Best Buy, where you can buy a new full size card that is 32 GB, or smaller?

I can easily buy a new 32 GB full size card. Cards which I'm using now is from my work, I didn't bought it personally. But all of them perfectly works with other Canon cameras in my office.

@GT_ejik__ wrote:
I can easily buy a new 32 GB full size card. Cards which I'm using now is from my work, I didn't bought it personally. But all of them perfectly works with other Canon cameras in my office.

Not good.  Using a UHS-II should not damage the camera, not at all.  Only R/W speed suffers, and takes a minor hit.  I still say that you should contact Canon Support.

Okay. Thank you!
Announcements