Canon Community Canon Community
 


Reply
VIP
Posts: 11,899
Registered: ‎08-13-2015

Re: 6D gave me really blurry photos?

[ Edited ]

@IgnacioSottano wrote:

stop making a fool of yourself.pngagain you, always trying to help the least, just please...stop commenting on this thread, you are not helping anyone. straight out of the camera

 

also check out the megapixel calculator if you think you are so smart, 4160 x 2178 gives a 11 mp image... jesus..you are starting to get on my nerves cuestioning everything.

 


Thanks, for biting the hook.  

 

An 11MP JPEG file is still too large to post in these forums.  The image has been processed in LR much more than what you have admitted.  This is probably why you see whatever it is you that do not like in the shadows.

 

[EDIT]. BTW, I have no intent on stopping to comment on this thread.  You have hijacked someone's thread, which is veery rude.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 33
Registered: ‎02-03-2019

Re: 6D gave me really blurry photos?

Waddizzle, he did NOT hijack anyone’s thread. Smiley Happy Ignacio has been very patient with you, even when you threw in arrogant and snarky remarks at him. Meanwhile, you claim to have been “polite” to him. Seriously??? Smiley Happy

The other day I decided to do a deep dive into my photo archives to see if I saved any of the photos that illustrate the issue we are having with our 6D Mark II camera. I managed to find two photos, but stopped short of posting them. Why? Because I know that all you are going to do is be critical (and, likely insulting) and question why I used particular settings.

Ignacio and I do not have an issue with the OOF areas. Our issue is why we are getting blotches or a “watercolor” effect in those areas when we never get that when using other cameras in the same setting and using the same lenses. We know how to use our equipment. By the way, the only time I can use that camera is when the entire subject is in a well-lit environment.

It is apparent this particular camera does not perform well in low-lit environments. I sometimes wonder if it has anything to do with the “touch” features. As a brand new camera I had to mail it back to Canon because the auto focus suddenly stopped working. Yes, they were able to fix it.

It seems like you enjoy helping others resolve their photography problems. That’s very nice of you. However, it also sounds like you are not on Canon’s payroll, otherwise, you would have told us by now. Smiley Happy My point is this. It is okay to not know the answer to this bizarre problem. Thank you anyway.
Occasional Contributor
Posts: 13
Registered: ‎02-27-2020

Re: 6D gave me really blurry photos?

ill prove you wrong anyday you want.pngand again you are making a fool of yourself...i had no problem uploading this photo to the forum...

VIP
Posts: 8,324
Registered: ‎11-13-2012

Re: 6D gave me really blurry photos?


@AndreaW wrote:
Waddizzle, he did NOT hijack anyone’s thread. Smiley Happy Ignacio has been very patient with you, even when you threw in arrogant and snarky remarks at him. Meanwhile, you claim to have been “polite” to him. Seriously??? Smiley Happy

The other day I decided to do a deep dive into my photo archives to see if I saved any of the photos that illustrate the issue we are having with our 6D Mark II camera. I managed to find two photos, but stopped short of posting them. Why? Because I know that all you are going to do is be critical (and, likely insulting) and question why I used particular settings.

Ignacio and I do not have an issue with the OOF areas. Our issue is why we are getting blotches or a “watercolor” effect in those areas when we never get that when using other cameras in the same setting and using the same lenses. We know how to use our equipment. By the way, the only time I can use that camera is when the entire subject is in a well-lit environment.

It is apparent this particular camera does not perform well in low-lit environments. I sometimes wonder if it has anything to do with the “touch” features. As a brand new camera I had to mail it back to Canon because the auto focus suddenly stopped working. Yes, they were able to fix it.

It seems like you enjoy helping others resolve their photography problems. That’s very nice of you. However, it also sounds like you are not on Canon’s payroll, otherwise, you would have told us by now. Smiley Happy My point is this. It is okay to not know the answer to this bizarre problem. Thank you anyway.

Good morning Andrea. 

This is a user supported forum. Unless a person's name says Moderator with it along with a Canon logo we are just regular people who are trying to help folks who post questions/problems on the site. 

Clearly you have no confidence in your 6D II and have done enough testing to satisfy you that what you are seeing in your images is unique to that camera. 

I don't think anyone is going to be able to help you understand what you are seeing when they don't also see it.

 

You have found a solution that works for you - a different camera. 

 

I think we should just move on. The resale value of your 6D II will probably never be higher than it is today. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 33
Registered: ‎02-03-2019

Re: 6D gave me really blurry photos?

Hi John,

 

Thank you for clarifying the support team.  But I think you may have misunderstood the issue.  I did not need help understanding what I was looking at.  Ignacio and I have the same issue which has to do with the out of focus area.  I noticed you stopped responding to him.  Is it because you do not have an answer?  The reason I ask is because this is a strange problem to have.  I was hoping someone may have been able to shed some light on what may be causing this issue.

 

Andrea

VIP
Posts: 8,324
Registered: ‎11-13-2012

Re: 6D gave me really blurry photos?


@AndreaW wrote:

Hi John,

 

Thank you for clarifying the support team.  But I think you may have misunderstood the issue.  I did not need help understanding what I was looking at.  Ignacio and I have the same issue which has to do with the out of focus area.  I noticed you stopped responding to him.  Is it because you do not have an answer?  The reason I ask is because this is a strange problem to have.  I was hoping someone may have been able to shed some light on what may be causing this issue.

 

Andrea


1. I fully understand the issue. You are seeing something unacceptable to you in photos taken with the 6D Mark II - a camera you say you no longer use because of that.

 

2. I asked for a copy of a RAW file that shows the issue so I could look into it myself - a file that hasn't been processed in camera or by you or Ignacio. That file has not been forthcoming, so I can do nothing more.

 

3. Other responders have said they do not see what you are speaking of - you folks say they are wrong.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Reputable Contributor
Posts: 532
Registered: ‎01-31-2017

Re: 6D gave me really blurry photos?


@jrhoffman75 wrote:

 

I don't think anyone is going to be able to help you understand what you are seeing when they don't also see it.

 

You have found a solution that works for you - a different camera. 

 

I think we should just move on. The resale value of your 6D II will probably never be higher than it is today. 


We're on the 10th screen of this thread, but in truth it should have been closed and marked as solved after the 4th post, where Waddizzle stated the obvious: "Sorry, I still am not convinced there is anything wrong with your gear.  Explore the web searches that I suggested."

Moderator
Posts: 1,816
Registered: ‎10-25-2012

Re: 6D gave me really blurry photos?

Hi. Thanks so much for being a member of the Canon Community Forum. 

 

The Community Members in this thread have attempted to assist the OP and others find answers for their issues to no avail. At this point, we're going to ask if anyone is experiencing what they view to be inadequate images from their gear to send the gear to our Factory Service Center for an evaluation.

 

Our team will use precision Canon lenses on your Canon body to ensure your gear meets factory specifications. If it's found that your gear is out of spec, we will let you know. If it's found that your gear is in spec, you may want to explore other options, such as the lens you're using, or your shooting method(s), as all camera bodies are not the same from generation to generation. If you need shooting advice, our Support Team can help. They're at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

 

You'll find the steps to send your gear to us on our site HERE, and in your My Canon Account HERE

 

FYI, the only people who speak for Canon, and are on the Canon payroll have the Canon logo in their avatar. You'll find this information in the Forum Guidelines (which you would have agreed to when you signed up for the Canon Community Forums).

 

Thank you for choosing Canon, and have a great day! 

Forum Elite
Posts: 14,263
Registered: ‎12-07-2012

Re: 6D gave me really blurry photos?

[ Edited ]

"BTW, I have no intent on stopping to comment on this thread"

 

 AndreaW,

Good luck with that one.  The forum has an "ignore" feature that works...sometimes. You might try that, I did.

I do agree with Stephen,

"The Community Members in this thread have attempted to assist the OP and others find answers for their issues to no avail. At this point, we're going to ask if anyone is experiencing what they view to be inadequate images from their gear to send the gear to our Factory Service Center for an evaluation."

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
New Contributor
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎06-10-2020

Re: 6D gave me really blurry photos?


@AndreaW wrote:

This is the EXACT same problem I am having with my new Canon 6D Mark II camera.  I never had this issue with my Canon 6D camera, therefore, the issue is not the lenses I am using because I tried using 3 different lenses and, unfortunately, had the same result -- fuzzy-looking photos.  Smiley Sad

 

Would this be a camera defect?

 


I have the same problem, photos end up looking horrible. This is one of the fuzzy photos I got.fuzzy.JPG

powered by Lithium

LIKE US on Facebook FOLLOW US on Twitter WATCH US on YouTube CONNECT WITH US on Linkedin WATCH US on Vimeo FOLLOW US on Instagram SHOP CANON at the Canon Online Store
© Canon U.S.A., Inc.   |    Terms of Use   |    Privacy Statement