cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D gave me really blurry photos?

Sophós
Apprentice

Hello everyone.

I'm posting here hoping to find someone who can help me.

I recently got a 6D mark 2 to shoot my videos and it was all fine. Last night I was asked to take some photos during a meeting but I immediatly saw the lack of quality in all of them. I can't explain this absence of details even in the darkest enviroment or with the slowest shutter...

IMG_7790b.jpg

141 REPLIES 141

TTMartin
Authority
Authority
The bassist hands are fuzzy because they were moving and you were using too slow of a shutter speed to freeze their movement.

Oh God... 🙂

@TTMartin wrote:
The bassist hands are fuzzy because they were moving and you were using too slow of a shutter speed to freeze their movement.

Or they are infront of the depth of field of the camera, or a combination of the two..

The problem is with the PHOTOGRAPHER not understanding basic photography, and has nothing to do with the camera.

Here we go...  If you don't know the answer then it's okay to not respond.  Really.

@AndreaW wrote:

Here we go...  If you don't know the answer then it's okay to not respond.  Really.

Until you post a picture of a static subject in good lighting using a medium aperture and low ISO then I doubt that anyone can determine if your camera has a problem. The pictures you have posted so far do nothing to really explain the problem.

@AndreaW wrote:

I do know the answer. It is YOU not understanding all of the things that impact your photo.

Too slow a shutter speed will not freeze the motion of a moving subject or parts of a subject.

Depth of field will impact the sharpness both in front of and behind the plane of focus. 

Do you feel better now?  🙂 

@TTMartin wrote:

Depth of field will impact the sharpness both in front of and behind the plane of focus. 

The plane of focus is on the snakes head. The leaves in front of the snake are 'blurry' because of depth of field.

17239983_10158329330590693_5909190787803638279_o.jpg

That's lovely, really it is.  But that is not the issue I am having.  I know the importance of lighting and I know I shot in a low lit environment and I know all about "motion blur", "noise", etc.  As a concert photographer I deal with those conditions ALL THE TIME and know how to work with them.  That is not what you are seeing here.  Look back at the images posted by the guy who made the original post on this topic in 2017.  His subject wasn't moving, yet he and I both are experiencing the same issue with the 6D Mark II.

What I am saying is that with the 6D I was not having this issue.  With the 6D Mark II I am.  Visit my site under MUSICIANS to see that I know how to work with low lit environments.  My photos are not "fuzzy":  www.AndreaWattsPhotography.com .

Since no one seems to be able to offer a solution, this may very well be a manufacturing issue.  I will have Canon examine my camera.

@AndreaW wrote:

Look back at the images posted by the guy who made the original post on this topic in 2017.  His subject wasn't moving, yet he and I both are experiencing the same issue with the 6D Mark II.

The original OP's issue was completely related to Depth of Field.

Announcements