cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D can't change quality to RAW

SantaHoot
Apprentice

I almost hope the camera is faulty, but not really.  I can't get the quality to change to RAW.  The outer wheel should change the RAW settings, but it and the smaller wheel change the JPEG options.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I don't have 6D yet but should be similar to my 5D. On info screen scroll down to quality with joystick (Central wheel on 6D). Push on the "Set" bottom to highlight (Choose) Quality first, then turn the small wheel near shutter release to get to the type of RAW you need.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

This also worked on my EOS 70D. I could not select RAW image quality while the mode selector was in AV. After disabling HDR, which is on the 4th set up tab, and 7th on the list, I found I could select RAW. Nothing else worked. It has taken me several hours to get to here - thanks.

I don't have a 6D but this should be really easy.  The first Menu screen has Image Quality.  This is where you set Raw or whatever.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

I don't have a 6D but this should be really easy.  The first Menu screen has Image Quality.  This is where you set Raw or whatever.

I am sure they tried that, the problem is that when you have HDR selected it won't let you select RAW.

"I am sure they tried that, ..."

I am not so sure.  If you have the mind set to select HDR or M or Av and see the Raw is greyed out doesn't it come ot mind that something must be set incorrectly?  Maybe its just me but if you are buying a camera in the level of a 70D or better a 6D you need to have some knowledge of how it operates.  Image Quality is the first thing you select and set.

Tip ........... for later on if you run into a situation that you don't know why something is not working as it should or as you think it should, always reset the camera.  In the Tools menu, select Clear all settings.  That puts you back to square one.

EB

@kvbarkley wrote:

@ebiggs1 wrote:

I am sure they tried that, the problem is that when you have HDR selected it won't let you select RAW.

This is the correct answer.  You cannot select HDR when you shoot RAW, and vice versa.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

mbirk I looked EVERYWHERE to solve this problem and your answer was the only one anywhere on the interent that helped me lol THANK YOU!!

Happy to help, JuliaAnn! 🙂

5 minutes as a member here and I've just learned some valuable info:)

JuliaAnn
Apprentice
Tip....If you don’t know what your talking about, don’t give your opinion! I reset the camera the first time, just like you said & it didn’t work. Disabled HDR & was able to select raw format. Obviously I’m not the only one it worked for. FYI, no one likes a know it all 🙂

"...you need to have some knowledge of how it operates."  Smiley Frustrated

EB
Announcements