cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D Memory Card Error

tfrey
Apprentice

I have a Canon 6D of 2016 vintage and was using a 64G Delkin SD card.  In a sequence of shots taken RAW the other day, I took about 15 individual photos in about 20 seconds.  When I was done, I saw the last image on the screen, then an error, something to the effect of memory card error, format card, and some error code.  I forgot the exact verbage.  All these shots from this sequence are gone from the SD card, not viewable on the camera or on the SD card plugged into the computer.  All previous photos are still on the card and viewable on the camera and PC.  But I know the camera clicked the image.  Are they truly gone?  I do know the photo before the issue and after has a break in the sequence (i.e. IMG_0162 then the next one is IMG_0182).  Any good software to view these and recover?  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Peter
Authority
Authority
Try Recuva (simple) or Photorec (more advanced).

@Cheayol wrote:

I'm not sure whether these can be recovered or not, but  you can try memory card recovery tools. Such as Bitwar, Disk Drill, iCare, hard to name them all.

Just try.

Good luck.

The message came from the camera, so it sounds as though the images never made it to the card. There's probably nothing to recover, especially if you've turned the camera off in the meantime.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"There's probably nothing to recover, ..."    Smiley Sad

Unfortunately I fear this is a fact.  Put the SD card in a computer and see if there is any file there. I suspect not as the photos probably never made it out of the camera's buffer.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements