cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D Markii started taking every image over 30mb

Trickey
Apprentice

I have had my Canon 6D Markii for several years and always use manual mode and shoot raw mode, during my weekend away, halfway through the weekend my camera started taking file sizes over 30mb up to 40mb.  Does anyone know how this could have started. I did a settings reset and still no change

Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 2.28.07 pm.png

7 REPLIES 7

Stephen

It will be helpful to share the EXIF data from one of your images - even if you share a screengrab from Photoshop or whatever post-processing software you use. 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Seems pretty normal to me.  File size can vary somewhat from one image to the next depending upon content.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks but Every image is over 30MB up to 40mb I have been using this camera for several years and taken 1000's of images all with large files and in raw, they all used to vary from 5MB to 30mb but this is now all images it doesnt matter what I take or the ISO, F-stop they are all huge files 

Straight raw files can't vary much, since they are pretty much a non-losslelssly compressed dump of the sensor data.

Were you using mraw or sraw?

Use DPP to look at the exif data for one of the small files and one of the current files.

Peter
Authority
Authority
As Waddizzle wrote it seems normal.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I did a settings reset and still no change"

You likely had a lower size setting (there are several choices) and when you did the reset it went back to default.  That is where is should be most, of if not, all the time.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Peter
Authority
Authority

13,7MB-52MB from 6D when I tried right now. If you got 5MB I think you have used another file format than raw. Perhaps mRaw or something.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements