Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

6D Mark ii and noise in live view

[ Edited ]

Hi 

New to this forum so looking for advice:

I bought recently a 6D Mark ii and noticed that when shooting in live view the camera is making a constant sound., This is onky present in live view. Is this something to be woried about?

The sound appears to originate from the camera body itself.

Cheers

Jos

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 6D Mark ii and noise in live view

Once the mirror is up, the camera itself should not make noise. Are you hearing the IS in the lens? Try turning it off and see if the noise goes away.

VIP

.... apertures can be noisier than AF motors.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

But I don't see why the aperture should be operating continuously in LV mode. (And I said nothing about AF)

VIP

@kvbarkley wrote:

But I don't see why the aperture should be operating continuously in LV mode. (And I said nothing about AF)

True, the shutter should not move in Live View.  Except, when you use Servo AF then the camera can continuously adjust both focus and exposure.  It you are in Tv mode, then the aperture will be adjusted to correct exposure.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

Hi

Thanks for this, it was indeed the IS from the lens causing this noise.

Cheers

Jos