cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D Mark II Wireless Flash

pyromra
Contributor

I have a 6D Mark II paired with a 430 ex ii. I am using the Yungnuo 622c for wireless flash. The flash triggers and I can change everything via the on camera menu. When I make a change, I get an error that "This menu cannot be displayed. Incompatible flash or flash's power is turned off", but with my 60D, it doesn't complain. It is working as it always has on the 60D, just giving this ANNOYING error message. Is there a way to turn that message off? I know I don't have as many C.Fn when its using the 622c, and I am ok with that as long as it loses those messages

20 REPLIES 20

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

The 6Dii is probably not compatible with that setup, you should use the camera controls.

Canon answered a similar question here:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Speedlites/Canon-550ex-speed-lite/m-p/297107#M3101

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Keep in mind that you're also using non-Canon equipment as well.  That can certainly introduce issues.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Except it appears he is using the 430EX to simply trigger the other flash, since a 430 cannot be a wireless master.

No, the 430 is the flash that I am controlling. The Yungnuo is just a wireless transceiver like a pocket king.

Like I said, it controls the flash perfectly fine just it did on my 60D. The only issue is how to get the camera to stop complaining that it can't access the custom functions.

Sorry, this was a mistype:

"you should use the camera controls"

should have been

"You should use the *flash* controls.

@pyromra wrote:

No, the 430 is the flash that I am controlling. The Yungnuo is just a wireless transceiver like a pocket king.

Like I said, it controls the flash perfectly fine just it did on my 60D. The only issue is how to get the camera to stop complaining that it can't access the custom functions.

If the Yungnuo is mounted on the flash shoe of the 6D2, try to power it up before you power up the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Unfortunatly still no change... Since the flash accepts the changes and has the entire time, let me ask a better question...

Does anyone know how to supress that error message so I dont have to hit ok everytime I make a change?

No, did you read my link?

"No, did you read my link?"

I did. The link you provided was for a flash that would not accept commands and would not fire. Mine changes settings and fires perfectly fine. The only issue is that with the Yungnuo in between the camera and the flash, some of the C.Fn options are gone and the camera is complaining. Those same options are missing when I use my 60D, but that camera doesn't complain...

"I wonder if the flash works when it is placed directly on the hot shoe. No Yongnuo gear, at all."

Yes, it works perfectly when there is no Yungnuo inbetween. It gives me more options within the C.Fn menu instead of the 3 with the Yungnuo in place...

Since the speedlite "works", meaning it fires and changes settings while using the Yungnuo wireless transceivers, I just want a way to supress the annoying message about the C.Fn options

Announcements