cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D Mark II Wireless Flash

pyromra
Contributor

I have a 6D Mark II paired with a 430 ex ii. I am using the Yungnuo 622c for wireless flash. The flash triggers and I can change everything via the on camera menu. When I make a change, I get an error that "This menu cannot be displayed. Incompatible flash or flash's power is turned off", but with my 60D, it doesn't complain. It is working as it always has on the 60D, just giving this ANNOYING error message. Is there a way to turn that message off? I know I don't have as many C.Fn when its using the 622c, and I am ok with that as long as it loses those messages

20 REPLIES 20

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:
”The only issue is that with the Yungnuo in between the camera and the flash, some of the C.Fn options are gone and the camera is complaining. Those same options are missing when I use my 60D, but that camera doesn't complain..”

Herein lies the problem. The Yongnuo transceiver does [NOT] fully conform to the Canon E-TTL protocol. The 60D does not care, while the 6D2 gives an error message.

Yongnuo needs a firmware update.

That doesn't quite compute. Did you mean the Yongnuo "does not fully conform"? If that's the case, and you're right about it, I still wonder: Has the E-TTL protocol changed between the 60D and the 6D2? Or is the 6D2 just more picky?

Yup, good call.  Me and my bad eyes typing on an iPhone again.  I think the 6D2 exhibits the proper behavior.  It the attached accessory is not fully compliant and compatible, I want to know about it.  They likely ran out of memory space in the firmware of the 60D to bother with the message.  "No harm, no foul."

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements