cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D Mark II Wireless Flash

pyromra
Contributor

I have a 6D Mark II paired with a 430 ex ii. I am using the Yungnuo 622c for wireless flash. The flash triggers and I can change everything via the on camera menu. When I make a change, I get an error that "This menu cannot be displayed. Incompatible flash or flash's power is turned off", but with my 60D, it doesn't complain. It is working as it always has on the 60D, just giving this ANNOYING error message. Is there a way to turn that message off? I know I don't have as many C.Fn when its using the 622c, and I am ok with that as long as it loses those messages

20 REPLIES 20

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
”No, did you read my link?”

It should work the way I think it is being used. It is wireless transceiver that is supposed to be TTL and E-TTL compatible. They are sold in pairs.

One unit sits on the flash shoe of the camera. The other is used as a hot shoe for the remote Speedlite.

I wonder if the flash works when it is placed directly on the hot shoe. No Yongnuo gear, at all.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
“I just want a way to supress the annoying message about the C.Fn options.”

That is not Canon’s problem. Yongnuo claims to be compatible with the Canon E-TTL protocol when in fact they are not fully compatible. I suggest you contact them about your issue.

@Waddizzle wrote:
“I just want a way to supress the annoying message about the C.Fn options.”

That is not Canon’s problem. Yongnuo claims to be compatible with the Canon E-TTL protocol when in fact they are not fully compatible. I suggest you contact them about your issue.

You have to admit, though, that it's odd that the 60D thinks the Yongnuo device is compatible, while the 6D2 thinks it isn't. Was something added to the E-TTL protocol between the 60D and the 6D2?

Or is the Yongnuo device offering the camera a compatibility list on which the 6D2 is simply too new to have been included? I suppose that's a possibility, however far-fetched.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Will you guys get this straight? He has a 430EX on the camera which he is using to trigger the Youngnuo! There is no non-canon gear attached to the camera.

@kvbarkley wrote:

Will you guys get this straight? He has a 430EX on the camera which he is using to trigger the Youngnuo! There is no non-canon gear attached to the camera.

"attached to the camera" isn't necessarily relevant, is it? Doesn't there exist a communication path between the Yongnuo and the camera?

Bob

pyromra
Contributor
I disagree that it's not canons problem. No error message on the 60D feet it gives me the 0 same options and works. 6D, works but annoying message. It's not the Yungnuo that gives the message, it's canon.

pyromra
Contributor
"Will you guys get this straight?"

I'm literally telling you your not getting the setup correct. It goes like this 6D2>622c ~~~~~ 622c>430exii

Thank you, that is much more clear than this:

"I have a 6D Mark II paired with a 430 ex ii. I am using the Yungnuo 622c for wireless flash"

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
”The only issue is that with the Yungnuo in between the camera and the flash, some of the C.Fn options are gone and the camera is complaining. Those same options are missing when I use my 60D, but that camera doesn't complain..”

Herein lies the problem. The Yongnuo transceiver does fully conform to the Canon E-TTL protocol. The 60D does not care, while the 6D2 gives an error message.

Yongnuo needs a firmware update.

@Waddizzle wrote:
”The only issue is that with the Yungnuo in between the camera and the flash, some of the C.Fn options are gone and the camera is complaining. Those same options are missing when I use my 60D, but that camera doesn't complain..”

Herein lies the problem. The Yongnuo transceiver does fully conform to the Canon E-TTL protocol. The 60D does not care, while the 6D2 gives an error message.

Yongnuo needs a firmware update.

That doesn't quite compute. Did you mean the Yongnuo "does not fully conform"? If that's the case, and you're right about it, I still wonder: Has the E-TTL protocol changed between the 60D and the 6D2? Or is the 6D2 just more picky?

Bob
Announcements