cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D Mark II - Using Headphones

fredyt123
Apprentice

Hello,

Can anyone offer a legit solution so I can connect my headphones to monitor sound????  I found this device but not sure if it works with the 6D  >>>>>>>> Seescome DSLR 550HD AV Out headphone monitoring cable.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There is no headphone jack on the 6D2.  That cable requires Magic Latern FW and is intended for the T2i and 60D.  ML firmware is not (fully) supported on the 6D2. Can't say if it would work since the ML website states porting only.   If you brick it, it will void your warranty.  My advice is don't do it, (don't even try) but thats up to you.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for response.

Good Morning,

Sorry I don't have something better to offer.  The 6D2 does decent 2K video, and can be further enhanced using a Rode or wireless equivlemnt lappel mic, but monitoring is not an option.

You are looking at another body for this feature.  I'd wait a bit as things are going to shift in the near future.  R5 release, R6 announcement.  Memorial Day is coming too, and that means big sales.     

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for reply Rick.  I purchased the camera and thought I covered most of the features I was looking for........only to find out that monitoring sound via headphone was not one of them.  Otherwise, love the upgrade to add to my collection.

Announcements