cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D Mark II - AI Bounce error message

kurtl
Apprentice

Hi guys,

I recently purchased the Canon 6D Mark II.

Whenever I try to use my Godox TT658c flash on the camera or off camera with the X1 transmitter I get an AI Bounce warning on the LCD screen. I cannot change any settings as long as this warning is displayed.

The flash worked fine on my old 6D

A google search did not result in any info on what this AI Bounce message means?

Does anyone have an idea what this could be?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

This is only a guess, but is the flash in bounce mode (tilted up)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

It also occurs when the flash is not tilted up. Also the bounce card and diffuser are completely pushed in.

@kurtl wrote:

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

It also occurs when the flash is not tilted up. Also the bounce card and diffuser are completely pushed in.

What you refer to as a "bounce card" is properly called a "catchlight". It simply directs more light toward the subject, rather than letting if diffuse into the rest of the room. "Bounce" flash means that the flash is pointed toward a wall or ceiling in order to light up the whole space. IOW, almost the exact opposite of a catchlight.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Check the Godox site. There may be a firmware update.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@kurtl wrote:

Hi guys,

I recently purchased the Canon 6D Mark II.

Whenever I try to use my Godox TT658c flash on the camera or off camera with the X1 transmitter I get an AI Bounce warning on the LCD screen. I cannot change any settings as long as this warning is displayed.

The flash worked fine on my old 6D

A google search did not result in any info on what this AI Bounce message means?

Does anyone have an idea what this could be?

Thanks!

When buying 3rd party gear there is no guarantee it will work with future Canon gear. 

So, now you get to tap into the money you saved buying the 3rd party flash and buy an updated one that will work with the 6D Mk II, when and if they come out with one. 

lly3988
Rising Star

I read from another thread in this forum that promoting third party stuff is not allowed.

"Per the Forum Guidelines, "promotion of third party products, promotions, websites, organizations, goods or services" is not allowed."

I am not certain if discussing "Godox" is appropriate. Godex is obviously not a Canon product.

Mentioning Magic Lantern was a violation of the Guidelines. Quoting Photoshop and Lightroom in one's signature is allowed. Double standard. Right ?

I will stick to DPP and other Canon softwares here and mention other softwares in their respective forums.

Talking about them, and linking directly to the company's website, or selling the products as an affiliate is quite different. 

Thanks for the clarification.

Glad to help! Any time you have questions, just ask! One of us is always around!

Announcements