cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D Live view sensor issue?

Peter
Authority
Authority

Taking pictures in Live view mode makes a blue/green line in the bottom of my pictures, just one or two pixels high. Some of the raw converters remove this line automatically. Darktable didn't until I noticed them. Luminance HDR doesn't remove the line. RawTherapee shows the line in preview mode before the whole image is loaded. Shotwell Photo Viewer shows the blue/green line.

I suppose all the software that I have used use dcraw, so it may be in dcraw the issue is and not in my 6D. But why then only in Live view mode?

You will be able to download the raw file in about 4 minutes from now at http://kameratrollet.se/allt/IMG_9515.CR2

Please check if the line is visible in your raw converter.

In Digital Photo Professional I can't see any line, but the height of the picture is 3647 px. In Luminance HDR I get the height of 3670 px. If I shoot an image normally not using Live view, I get the same height.

6d.jpg

canon6d.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

amfoto1
Authority

It appears to me that some of the software you are using is adding a couple rows of pixels to the bottom of each image for some reason. Easy enough to fix, but sort of a nuisance.

Do you see the same thing happen in Canon's own softwares? Have you checked for updates and/or glitch reports for the software you are using?

Alan Myers

San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & PRINTROOM 

As I wrote: "In Digital Photo Professional I can't see any line, but the height of the picture is 3647 px."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements