cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D II or 7D II

ifly2
Contributor

I have a7D which has been a great camera but want to upgrade and would like some input from those who have one or both.

I shoot sports, wildlife, Landscape, Portraits, Low light conditions, indoor you name it.Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have the 80D and love it, both for action and video.  I was looking at the 7Dii and thinking of a second body, can't get by with one (well I could but...) and thought about the 7Dii or waiting if there is ever a 7Diii  BUT

I decided on the 6Dii because the controls are virtually the same AND IT HAS A FLIPPY SCREEN, those two things decided me.  Basically the 6Dii is the 80D on steroids. but that being said here is the way I use them

The 80D is great for action and with my 70-200 f/2.8 or 100-400 IS ii can really reach out there due to the crop sensor. It is not that great at high ISO or low light (but not bad either)

The 6Dii I use for high iso, can get decent results at 12,800 and low light and it is a full frame and I just like it.  I have been using it as my walkabout camera lately (had it for 3 weeks) with the 24-105 L

Here is a shot with the 6D at 12,800 ISO

IMG_1031-1.jpg

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
I think the choice is up to you. The 7D2 is the more fun camera to use. But, I think the 6D2 has better IQ and AF.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Yeah, the 6D FF sensor is a quantum leap from an APS-C sensor. You will still want to apply some noise reduction on high ISO close up shots.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements