Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

6D 1-BBF - Autofocus Point Display

Hi,

If I hold down the back-button focus and take a picture, the AF point is displayed upon review. However, if I release the back button to recompose, it is not displayed. I do have focus disabled from the shutter button. Any ideas?

As I write this, maybe that is normal behavior. In the picture from recomposing, the initial focus point may not even align with the 11 focus points so the camera couldn't put a point out in 'space'.

I think I answered my own question, but will post for confirming my conjecture.

Dave

VIP

Re: 6D 1-BBF - Autofocus Point Display

That is the normal display for Canon's DPP software. 

If you are not pressing the BBF button, then no AF points are active.  However, some software can show you which AF locked focus, even though it could be idle when the shutter fired. An old plug-in for Adobe Lightroom could do this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Occasional Contributor

Re: 6D 1-BBF - Autofocus Point Display

Thanks Waddizzle. I wasn't using DPP, but just looking on the LCD. I understand though why this behaves the way it does. It makes sense.