cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60D vs 70D

wnoswal
Apprentice

I am looking to upgrade from an EOS Rebel XSi that I purchased in 2008. I am considering purchasing a 70D, i was going back and forth between 60D vs 70D but really like the WIFI option that the 70D offers. From the Canon users of these 2 cameras can someone give me some insite of these two cameras....  

Wade

13 REPLIES 13

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

All that advise is fine and good if "waterfalls" is all you shoot!  Is it?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

All that advise is fine and good if "waterfalls" is all you shoot!  Is it?

Even that comment is an oversimplification. If you're one of those waterfall shooters who think the water should be blurry, you'll shoot one way and will probably need a tripod. But if you think (as I do) that the water should be tack sharp, you'll shoot a different way, and the tripod is just another piece of gear to lug into the woods and then back to your car.

Translation: My suggestion to buy a tripod had nothing to do with waterfalls.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Bob from Boston.

"Translation: My suggestion to buy a tripod had nothing to do with waterfalls."

Oh no, I didn't intend one way or the other.  It is just, even primary "waterfall hunters" will eventually want to take pictures of something else.  I have several different types of tripods and monopods and encourage their use. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

All,

I want to thank you again for ALL input and suggestions, I will try my best to answer all questions and reply to comments that were made. When I first brought my 17-55 lens I was currently using the 18-55 that came with the camera and realized I needed to get away from it and upgrade to a better lens. From reading the forum I see that I had made the better choice by doing so. When I am out photographing waterfalls or different types of landscapes I use both lens my 17-55 and 10-22. I was reading about the Canon L lens 24-105 and it spoke about being an everyday, every use lens, but I am going to stick with my 17-55.

As far as equipment I have a Sunpax Pro 523 Cardon Tripod, currently looking for a new one, the head that I use is the one that came with it. When I am out shooting I have ND filters, UV filters and for my waterfalls I use a Tiffen ND .9 filter. I not only do waterfalls, different landscapes (due to location), flowers and butterflies and everyday photographs of my children and granddaughter.

Also I am one of those waterfall shooters who like the water blurry but will take a look at it being tack sharp.

Wade

Announcements