Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

60D issue

When I shoot a photo with my 60D, the meter lights appear in the final photo.  I've updated the firmware. I've cleaned the sensors. Any suggestions?

VIP

Re: 60D issue

Welcome to the forum. 

Can you post a screen shot showing an image with what you are describing?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Esteemed Contributor

What are the "meter lights"?

VIP

@weason wrote:

When I shoot a photo with my 60D, the meter lights appear in the final photo.  I've updated the firmware. I've cleaned the sensors. Any suggestions?

If you do not understand the cause of a problem, just trying stuff is quite often a bad idea.  Like cleaning the sensors.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
VIP

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Welcome to the forum. 

Can you post a screen shot showing an image with what you are describing?

Are you viewing the image on the back of the camera?

Do you possibly mean that you are seeing the focus points on the preview screen?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Occasional Contributor

the AI lights that go on when you depress the shutter button.  The image of them is seen in the viewfinder.  For some reason they are imposed on the imaage

Occasional Contributor

It happens when viewing through the viewfinder.  Yes, the focus points.  The problem is they are on the final photo as well.

VIP

When you say final photo do you mean a photo you print or download to the computer?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

VIP

@weason wrote:

It happens when viewing through the viewfinder.  Yes, the focus points.  The problem is they are on the final photo as well.

I doubt if that is what is actually happening.  There is an option in the menu system to display AF points during image recall and playback.  It must be enabled.  The same is true for the Canon DPP software application.  AF point display is optional..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Occasional Contributor

I do not see that option in the menu system. Can you tell me where it is located?