cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60D issue

weason
Contributor

When I shoot a photo with my 60D, the meter lights appear in the final photo.  I've updated the firmware. I've cleaned the sensors. Any suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum. 

Can you post a screen shot showing an image with what you are describing?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Welcome to the forum. 

Can you post a screen shot showing an image with what you are describing?

Are you viewing the image on the back of the camera?

Do you possibly mean that you are seeing the focus points on the preview screen?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

It happens when viewing through the viewfinder.  Yes, the focus points.  The problem is they are on the final photo as well.

@weason wrote:

It happens when viewing through the viewfinder.  Yes, the focus points.  The problem is they are on the final photo as well.

I doubt if that is what is actually happening.  There is an option in the menu system to display AF points during image recall and playback.  It must be enabled.  The same is true for the Canon DPP software application.  AF point display is optional..

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I do not see that option in the menu system. Can you tell me where it is located?

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What are the "meter lights"?

the AI lights that go on when you depress the shutter button.  The image of them is seen in the viewfinder.  For some reason they are imposed on the imaage

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@weason wrote:

When I shoot a photo with my 60D, the meter lights appear in the final photo.  I've updated the firmware. I've cleaned the sensors. Any suggestions?

If you do not understand the cause of a problem, just trying stuff is quite often a bad idea.  Like cleaning the sensors.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
When you say final photo do you mean a photo you print or download to the computer?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements