cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60D buttons not working in manual modes.

Rezmann
Apprentice

My 60D has developed a problem where none of the buttons, screen nor auto focus function when in any modes from C to P on the mode selector.  I can still adjust apeture and shutter speed as well as take the photos.  I noticed also that the light metering is incorrect in these modes.

If I use any of the automatic modes the camera functions as normal.

Before I take the camera in for repairs, has anybody encountered this issue before, or have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot it before I take it for repairs?

4 REPLIES 4

Ray-uk
Whiz

Try doing a master reset, take the battery out, hold the shutter button down for 30 seconds, refit the battery.

If your camera then asks you to reset the time and date then it has reset to factory conditions, if not try the procedure again.

If you cannot get it to reset then take the battery out and leave it for a few days, that should do it.

Note that this will reset any options that you have set in the camera and you will need to set them again yourself.

If this doesn't cure your problem then it must be an electronic fault and will need to sent in for service.

Rezmann
Apprentice
Thanks. Gave it a try to reset, but it wouldn't play ball.

I'll try with the battery out for a few days.

I'm just wondering if some water got in there. (It has been used in wet weather recently, but it has a 100 times before too without issue.)

Rezmann
Apprentice
I tested the camera again today after leaving it sit for 24 hours and everything seems to be working again.

Great, let's hope it stays that way.

Announcements