Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

60D back LCD works w/ every function except live view (video live view works)

Camera 18 months old, never any problem.

The live view mode even when on any of the 3 choices doesn't work on ANY of the photo shooting modes.  I can review what Ive just shot, I can access menu, Q button and info... It works fine when shooting a video.  The only time it doesn't work is when I want to shoot photos.

I noticed this happen after I plugged it into an imac usb, extracted necessary files and then disconnected it.  

When i came back to it 2 days later to work with a remot, no live view... again, the live view mode is enabled.

What gives??

Product Expert
Product Expert

Re: 60D back LCD works w/ every function except live view (video live view works)

Hello jhensley11111, 

We'd want to evaluate the camera at our Service Center to get this issue resolved.  You'd be able to set up a repair on the Canon web site through the link below. 

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer?pageKeyCode=requestRepair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.