02-07-2013 01:20 AM
I encountere an error 80 the other day, it happened after i removed a SD card from the camera and closed the door
The camera refused to work, i had to put the SD card back, remove the battery then turn the camera off and on again,
I tried to figure out what it was and cam eto the conclussion that once you program the recording process to go from one card to the next and remove a card while the camera is on, the error locks the camera up.
What i wanted to ask was if you can swap memory and batteries with out shutting the camera off, for instance during a sports shoot, is it safe to if you are short in time, the error i mentioned seems rare to my use of swapping batteries and cards straight from their doors with out powering the camera down but i just wanted to be on the safe side and ask.
02-10-2013 08:29 AM
I recommend that you power the camera down before swapping memory cards. If the camera is still powered on, there is still the possibility it has not completely written all of the data to the memory card before you swap it. There is also power to the card slot when the camera is powered on. Shutting down the camera before swapping memory cards will reduce the chances of encountering errors in the future.
For your reference, "Err 80" indicates that malfunctions related to electric control or the images has occurred. Please follow these steps if you see this error again:
1. Turn off the camera.
2. Remove the lens, battery, and memory cards.
3. Allow the camera to sit without power for a few minutes.
4. Using a soft microfiber cleaning cloth, thoroughly clean the contacts on the battery. Do this even if the contacts already look clean.
5. Do the same with the contacts down inside the battery compartment.
6. Insert the battery in the camera, and turn on the camera.
7. Depress the shutter button as you would to take a picture.
If the error still occurs, your camera will require service to correct the issue.
To start your repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.
If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.