cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5d mkll

Timbo2556
Apprentice

Okay folks,

I bought my 5d mkll used and I want to change owner names in the meta data data and have not been able to find anything that works for me the EOS version 3 doesn't recognize my camera. have reached ropes end.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Peter
Authority
Authority

@Timbo2556 wrote:

Okay folks,

I bought my 5d mkll used and I want to change owner names in the meta data data and have not been able to find anything that works for me the EOS version 3 doesn't recognize my camera. have reached ropes end.

Thanks

To add your own name you can try EOS Utility 2 or Gphoto2.

To erase the name you can just delete from the camera menu.

Screenshot_20200503-110814.jpg

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Timbo2556 wrote:

Okay folks,

Thanks

The 5D Mark II appears to use the EOS Utility 2, not version 3.  I suggest that you browse through the download software for older version of your OS untill you see the original CD included with the cameras.  Installl that, and then install the updater for the latest version of the EOS Utility that you can find.

You should be able to set the copyright info in the camera menus, and not need the EOS Utility at all.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@Timbo2556 wrote:

Okay folks,

Thanks

The 5D Mark II appears to use the EOS Utility 2, not version 3.  I suggest that you browse through the download software for older version of your OS untill you see the original CD included with the cameras.  Installl that, and then install the updater for the latest version of the EOS Utility that you can find.

You should be able to set the copyright info in the camera menus, and not need the EOS Utility at all.

Waddizzle is almost certainly correct that the 5D2 requires EOSU 2, but you shouldn't have to install it that way. A clean installation of EOSU 3 will install both versions, with a monitor module that decides, based on what camera it sees, whether to invoke EOSU 2 or EOSU 3.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

@Timbo2556 wrote:

Okay folks,

Thanks

Waddizzle is almost certainly correct that the 5D2 requires EOSU 2, but you shouldn't have to install it that way. A clean installation of EOSU 3 will install both versions, with a monitor module that decides, based on what camera it sees, whether to invoke EOSU 2 or EOSU 3.

I think the problem could be that the latest version of the Mac OS is not able to run EOS Utility 2 because it is not a 64 bit app.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" have reached ropes end."

You need the manual.

This is easy to do.  There are more difficult things in using the 5D2 so do get the  manual.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements