cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5d mkiv mode and menu problems

Brabock
Apprentice

I Hi, I am having several problems . 1, Cannot change any settings in Modes other than Auto(which I know changes itself. And still does). Also cannot review Pictures in any other mode than Auto.. 2, Cannot access Menu from any mode other than Auto. And when I do some Menu Items are missing. Namely in wrench menu folder 5. All this page shows is "Multi Function Lock". The 5 other items are missing. Any ideas what has happened will be greatly appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Ensure the multifunction lock is disaled.

Put the camera into "M" mode and reset the camera to defaults.  Perform a reset of the Custom Functions as well.

Now, check to see if the menus are available.  

If this is a new or "new to you" camera, reading or revieweing the manual is a good idea too.  I'm always plesantly surprised of the things you can be reminded of.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like you have the Lock switch set on the camera. It is located on the bottom right side of the camera. Make sure it is in the left hand position to unlock the controls.

Announcements