cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5d mark II auto focus

vanbeekr
Apprentice

My 5d mark II auto focus stopped working in the TV and the AV modes. I have confirmed the auto focus works fine in the fully automatic modes. Any thoughts on what the issue could be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I assume that you're saying that the camera will not Auto Focus when you half press the shutter button.  One reason for the behavior that you describe is if Back Button Focus has been enabled in the camera. 

Check to see if any of the buttons have been reprogrammed.  Check the <AF-ON> button and the Shutter Button. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I assume that you're saying that the camera will not Auto Focus when you half press the shutter button.  One reason for the behavior that you describe is if Back Button Focus has been enabled in the camera. 

Check to see if any of the buttons have been reprogrammed.  Check the <AF-ON> button and the Shutter Button. 

You are correct. Last Oct I had set the back button while taking bird pictures and had not used my camera since. Thanks so much!

@vanbeekr wrote:

You are correct. Last Oct I had set the back button while taking bird pictures and had not used my camera since. Thanks so much!

Leave it in place.  I use BBF, and love it.  I have control over when the camera focuses, and when it doesn't.

Announcements