cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5d MK III Video Tutorials??

skreech
Apprentice

Hi. I have a 5d Mark III and have completed several film projects, but want to really understand how to shoot video with my camera. I'm not looking for help with the basics of a camera or such, more so

- what settings are best to shoot video (or how that changes depending on subject) ie sharpness, saturation levels, picture profile

- what the difference between fps is (ie, why would I shoot 24fps instead of always shooting 50fps and having the option of slowing the footage down)

If anyone could answer these questions that would be great, also I'm wondering if there is good, free, online tutorial website for advanced help with the mark iii for video?

Cheers

Mike

2 REPLIES 2

skreech
Apprentice
Hiya,

Is there really no one that can answer any of this? Surely someone knows something!

There are TONS of videos out there.  Check YouTube with your Search criteria and you'll come up with massive amounts of hits.

Also, Lynda.com (paid site) has a very extensive course on the 5Dm3.
There are others.

A great site (free) to check out their forums is at Planet5D.

You can also check out Dave Dugdale's YouTube site.  He has some camera-specific info that's fun to watch.

I used to have other resources, but that should these you the right direction.

There is no one answer for your question.  Every situation has a different solution.  Best of luck to you, though.  I'm sure with a bit more research and hands-on practice, you'll find everything you're looking for.

Announcements