cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5Dmk3 shot was green overall in CR2 & jpg

MicWayWal
Apprentice

I had one shot from a session come out green, then 12 shots later an image had a black bar across the top 5th of the frame appeared on another shot. The preview on the camera showed the issue on both frames, and the CR2 and JPG both were green on my computer and software. Both images were in the middle of a 3 shot blast. I have had no issue previously. The camera is 8 months old and only has 7,000 shots. I am worried the shutter is going out on the camera.

Anyone else have this issue? How was it solved.

Canon5dmk3 Green Image.pdf

Canon5dmk3 Black bar.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Peter
Authority
Authority
Second image seems like a shutter issue. In that case you need to send it in.

Did you use flash and high speed sync if you used shutter speed shorter than 1/200?

It's the first image that puzzles me. The only thing I can think of that might cause that effect is a defective LED floodlight.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

They both were shot with only available light from a constant light source of modeling LED bulbs in a light box. So the green in the one picture makes sense from a defective LED light source. The second image looks like a shutter issue to me. It hasn't happened since and I have shot a couple thousand images hence. I hope it is not going out. My 5D mk3 is less than an year old.

If it is less than a year old, it is under warranty.  Send it to Canon today with an explanition of the issue.  They can determine if you have a problem.  The green photo is not a faulty camera.  If it were it would be the sensor and not the shutter.  The second does seem to be a shutter issue but it might be to a setting error on your part!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

How fast were your shutter speeds?

LED lights may pulse enough that you might have had those results if you were using higher shutter speeds.

They were both shot available light; 125th Sec, at f/2.8 at ISO 500
Announcements