cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5Dm4 Disabled by any Lens- Help

GWagner
Contributor
Hi, My 5Dm4 has developed a strange issue. When I attach any lens, the back buttons and LCD screen become completely unresponsive.
If you have and knowledge of this issue please help me. And please refrain from speculation. I know you are all smart and I’ve tried all the usual remedies. Let’s limit our discussion to first or secondhand knowledge of this specific issue.
Thanks for any help
Greg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Waddizzle wrote:

@GWagner wrote:
Canon repair invoice:
"It was found that the front cover was out of position causing the depth of field button to be stuck".
That was the cause. Not sure what “front cover” refers to though

Sounds like a damaged body.  

Cameras have a chassis, that serves as a skeleton for the body.  The chassis is covered with panels that form the actual exterior of the camera.  Sounds like one was somehow out of its’ proper position.

Yeah, the concern in a case like this is not that the panel was out of position, but rather how it got that way. It's not a common condition. One has to suspect that the camera either was worked on by someone who didn't know what he was doing or has been dropped.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

GWagner
Contributor

GWagner
Contributor
Canon repair invoice:
"It was found that the front cover was out of position causing the depth of field button to be stuck"

@GWagner wrote:
Canon repair invoice:
"It was found that the front cover was out of position causing the depth of field button to be stuck"

Cameras have a chassis, that serves as a skeleton for the body.  The chassis is covered with panels that form the actual exterior of the camera.  Sounds like one was somehow out of its’ proper position.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@GWagner wrote:
Canon repair invoice:
"It was found that the front cover was out of position causing the depth of field button to be stuck".

Yeah, the concern in a case like this is not that the panel was out of position, but rather how it got that way. It's not a common condition. One has to suspect that the camera either was worked on by someone who didn't know what he was doing or has been dropped.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

GWagner
Contributor
I did have a drop about 4 days earlier. Strange but lucky that the effect was delayed.
Announcements