cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5DSR CF Card

doubledee
Apprentice

I get the error "Cannot format Card"

This is new and it applies to any CF card I put in.

They all format fine in the other camera.

Anyone have a fix or is it something for canon?

4 REPLIES 4

Tim
Authority

Hello doubledee, 

I understand you are not able to format any of the cards you've tried.  The EOS 5DS R is compatible with Type I but it's incompatible with Type II and microdrives.  Be sure that any card you are attempting to format meets those parameters.  Do you mind listing the exact type and brand of cards you attempted using?  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm afraid not.

I have been using this card and its sister in this and other camera for over a year.  The card is a Toshiba "Exceria" 128 GB 150/120MB/s UDMA7 and it has been great.

Then suddenly this week it wont format in THIS camera but will in my other.  I have a second identiacl card and same issue.

It may be coincidental but when I tput the card into the slot the red light next to the Lock on the rear of the camera comes on, stays on for a few seconds and then flashes once and goes off.

Also now when I turn the camera on the rear screen eventually shows "Card 1 cannot be accessed .  Cannot auto switch card"

I have updated firmware with no effect.

I have evne cleared all camera settings and no effect.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Look carefully in the slot and see if any of the pins are bent.

Did you try to format CF card at your PC ? then install back to your 5D and try to format it again.

Announcements