Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

5DMK4 dual card write question

Setting up the camera to write to both cards concurrently was pretty straightforward.  After both identically-sized cards are formatted, I'd strongly prefer RAW files go to the SD card and the JPGs do to the CF card.  Is there a way to reverse that behaviour?  

Second, I think that the RAW files go to the larger of the cards.  I suspect I could put a larger card in the SD slot ...?  I can test this but I just thought of it while writing this question.  Any experience from other users to address this orginal question regarding concurrently writing to like-sized cards?

Thank you.

VIP

Re: 5DMK4 dual card write question

Changing or defining what file format and size is written to each card should be straight forward, too.  Have you tried to set it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

Hello, in the Set Up 1 (Yellow Wrecnh) menu of your camera you can desginate your camera to record to multiple cards. Once that setting is set up you can navigate to the Shoot1 (Red Camera) menu and the first option will be Image Quality allowing you to set which card records which type of file.

New Contributor

@Crowbar wrote:

Hello, in the Set Up 1 (Yellow Wrecnh) menu of your camera you can desginate your camera to record to multiple cards. Once that setting is set up you can navigate to the Shoot1 (Red Camera) menu and the first option will be Image Quality allowing you to set which card records which type of file.

Thank you!  Once you directed me to the correct menu, it was easy!

Esteemed Contributor

@farkle-edina wrote:

@Crowbar wrote:

Thank you!  Once you directed me to the correct menu, it was easy!

The 5D4 is a pretty sophisticated camera. You're probably going to enjoy yours a lot. Note, in particular, that it has a full-time level that displays in the viewfinder. You'll probably want to turn it on if it isn't on by default.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA