cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D mark iii-- ac adaptor for BG-E11 battery grip?

hyphenate
Apprentice

Hi, I am newly into a 5D mark iii. I have the BG-E11 extended battery grip. On my old 1Ds I also had the battery grip and it came with an extra sliding drawer, which attached to the ac adaptor. I am having a heck of a time searching for the same for this new configuration. I see the ac adpator one would use without the battery grip-- with a single battery sized piece which would slip into the single battery slot. Can someone please help me with identifying an ac adaptor for the battery grip? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I do not think Canon makes AC Adapters for 5D battery grips.  And, if it is not made by Canon, then I would not truest it.  I think you are out of luck.  The 1D bodies are designed differently from the 5D bodies.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I got the answer elsewhere. You can use the ACK-E6 ac adaptor. You slide it into the first slot in the BG-E11 and use a little rubber opening through which you funnel out the cord.

@hyphenate wrote:

I got the answer elsewhere. You can use the ACK-E6 ac adaptor. You slide it into the first slot in the BG-E11 and use a little rubber opening through which you funnel out the cord.

So, that must be what the little rubber flap by the "door" on the battery grips are used for....to feed a power cable into it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements