cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Markiii Card2 Cannot Be Accessed

klarnerh
Apprentice

Today I discovered that my mark iii will shoot just fine to the CF card in slot one, but no matter what, card2, the sd slot, cannot be accessed.  I've tried formatting all my sd cards and reinserting them, doesn't work. I've seen a lot of people have CF issues, has anyone else run into an sd problem or have suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What happens if you remove the CF card, and go with just an SD card?  You should only format SD cards in the camera that will use them.  If you cannot format the SD when there is no CF card installed, you need to contact Canon Support.

There is a combination of settings that cause the camera to not use the SD card at all, when a CF card is used.  If you enable shooting to the CF card, but disable rolling over to the SD card when the CF is full.  You  can also save to both cards at the same time.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

nickalexandra79
Apprentice
I'm having this problem too. It also happens when I remove the CF card and only have the SD card2.

It is also happening with all the different cards that i try, leading me to believe it is a problem with the camera itself.

Did you ever find a solution??

I'm praying you will now have a suggestion of how to fix it!

"I'm praying you will now have a suggestion of how to fix it!"

A suggestion is simple, call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666. See prayer does help.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements