cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D MarkIV touchscreen on Aux monitor

RobNHood
Apprentice

Can I get an auxilliary monitor to work with my 5D Mark IV such that I get all the cool touchscreen capability on the aux monitor? I.e. In video mode I want to be able to change focus point, adjust settings etc via touchscreen - but an external touchscreen monitor not the one on the back of the camera.

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

No. HDMI has no provision for that (yet).

I guess I thought there was a separate interface for the touchscreen data. Kinda sucks that they made this super nice and expensive camera with great touchscreen capability yet the screen does not articulate and if you use a separate monitor you lose the touchscreen capability.

Canon, are you listening?

Hi RobNHood,

You can always use the built-in WiFi and the Canon CAMERA App on your smartphone for Live View while taking photos. Video functionality is limited in the app. If you want full functionality, you'll need to upgrade your WiFi and networking capabilities to the Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E7A (ver 2). This will allow you to use the built-in HTTP server of the WFT-E7A and see the live image on your camera as it captures video. The Canon CAMERA app cannot currently do this.

If you have questions, our US-based team can help at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) from 8am to Midnight (ET) during the week, or from 10am to 8pm (ET) on Saturday.

Announcements