Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark iv no HSS with Flashpoint?

Madamegato
Apprentice

Hello all!

So I am a bit stymied.

I have a Canon 5d Mark iv, a Flashpoint Rapid 400 HSS, and the Flashpoint X1-C trigger to go on top of the camera.

Both the Flashpoint models are set to be capable of handling HSS up to 1/8000. Problem is, the Mark iv isn't letting me TOUCH the HSS menu without a speedlite?

Am I missing something? I really hope I'm missing something, because I'd hate to think I have this great setup and am severely limited to 1/200 at most. I don't want to work with Speedlites, but with full blown tanks.

I've read about getting a Pocket Wizard to fake HSS by using hypersync, but I'm not looking for having to keep 1/1 power on my light and spend yet another 250-500 dollars for the pleasure.

Is there a way to get the Mark iv to allow me to turn on the HSS without a speedlite?

Thank you for any help you can give.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray-uk
Whiz

You won't get the camera to turn on HSS without a fully compatible flashgun or trigger, it doesn't have to be a Canon speedlight.

Either you have things set incorrectly or your flash system is not as compatible as it claims to be, if in doubt contact the flash manufacturers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray-uk
Whiz

You won't get the camera to turn on HSS without a fully compatible flashgun or trigger, it doesn't have to be a Canon speedlight.

Either you have things set incorrectly or your flash system is not as compatible as it claims to be, if in doubt contact the flash manufacturers.

Thank you for the reply! I will check in with Adorama and see if they can tell me what is up with the FP trigger. I appreciate the response!

Announcements