cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark ii Banding (?) Issue

Jennbeagle02
Contributor
Hey everyone... I'm hoping there's someone out there that can help me figure something out.. I have been having issues with my Canon 5D Markii. I have done a ton of troubleshooting and research but it doesn't seem like there's any explanation for the issue I'm having.
If you take a look at the pictures below, you will see white "banding"? At first I thought it was some kind of sun flair, but it doesn't matter the time of day or where the sun is or even what lens I use. The issue is intermittent, and I've even taken it to my local camera store (they had no ideas as to the issue)
The two track pictures were taken at about 4:00 PM .. 5 minutes from each other, same settings, just different sides of the track. Track runs from South to North.a644d36d-b33b-42da-a1d8-ebe65c45218c.png69306026-e269-4d89-8226-7006b0d32d33.png2cea29e5-2993-4e1e-b3d6-5610c4896896.png
12 REPLIES 12

I went back and looked... it is at high shutter speeds that it happens!!! Which is a HUGE problem since I photograph race cars going 100+ MPH!!! UGH

@Jennbeagle02 wrote:
I went back and looked... it is at high shutter speeds that it happens!!! Which is a HUGE problem since I photograph race cars going 100+ MPH!!! UGH

Your shutter is failing, if not broken.  Time to replace the camera or the shutter.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"Which is a HUGE problem since I photograph race cars going 100+ MPH!!!"

And, which is why your shutter is gone. I'll bet you never had the camera serviced?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements